- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1¼ cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs (small)
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups of flour ( I mixed 2cups of whole wheat and 1 cup of white)
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- colored sugars for decorating (green and red)
- In a large mixing bowl, put together butter and sugar until you see a beautiful dough. Add the eggs, vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut dough into shapes with cookie cutters and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with colored sugars and bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes and enjoy!