If you’ve been following me on Instagram, you know my absolute love for our new Air Fryer, Lola. Many of you asked me to include recipes on the blog (always, tiny and adorable), so OH HEY! Who’s in for some Air Fried Chicken? Anyone? I gotta tell you, Lola *really* changed our cooking habits since we got it at home, and even my husband, who didn’t want her at first, is now, the number one fan of an everything air fried life.
This first air fried recipe HAD to be fried chicken, a super crispy, juicy version 1000x better than frying in oil (believe me) and a chicken your kids will love as much as mine (they keep asking me for it every week).
Air Fryer fried chicken 101
– The air fryer uses air crisp technology (instead of oil) to help reduce added fat by 70-80% AND no more residual smells, I mean, the dream!
– We use Lola every single day, and if you’re starting with this easy recipe, make sure you get used to the temperature levels and time for each type of food you’ll cook. For the fried chicken, we usually pre-heat it at 375F for a couple of minutes.
– You can prepare it with buttermilk, or like this recipe, a healthier version of fried chicken!
Before you air fry the chicken, there’s only 4 super easy steps: Salt and pepper, pan it with eggs and panko and voila! directly to your air fryer.
For this healthier recipe I used chicken breast, but you can also use your favorite cuts of chicken. Whether it’s half or whole chicken with skin on, chicken wings, legs, anything is possible in the air fried world!
Welcome to my new addiction.
Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Air Fryer
- 2 Kg chicken breast, cut in pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko
- salt & pepper
- olive oil in spray
- Pre-heat air-fryer to 375F.
- Cut your chicken into small pieces and add a pinch of salt, paprika and pepper.
- In two medium bowls, whisk the egg in a bowl and then add the panko in another bowl.
- Working with 1 piece at a time, dredge chicken the egg mixture and then pass it by the panko mix, press it to make a thick, generous crust.
- Spray chicken with olive oil. Set the Air-fryer to 400F and cook for 15 minutes. Flip the chicken after 10 minutes and spray with olive oil.