After two years of living in full swing a global pandemic, wearing masks every day, disinfecting hands, our groceries, staying away 2 meters away from any other human or living soul, I seriously can’t really believe I traveled again.
I saw a plane, sat in one and I was thriving – bringing back all the #heymacatravels love.
… Because officially, travel is back, baby! – and if you ask me, I still cannot believe or couldn’t believe at the time I was traveling solo for four days to my beloved Miami to visit friends, check my favourite new hotel in the city and have all delish food I was missing terribly.
Today, I’m OFFICIALLY back with my first travel guide (hopefully waiting for many more to come) to Miami, including the newest spots I visited you need to add to your list making your next travel plans to MIA so much easier (and cuter).
Pack your bags, let’s go to Miami friends!
Without a single doubt, The Goodtime Hotel is THE hot spot right now in Miami, and in my wish list for a while. Pastel colours, a clash of patterns everywhere you look, wicker, scallops, a pink library, hand painted murals and sunny rooms are everything I was dreaming of to see this time in Miami.
You’ll feel you are in the middle of a reimagined art deco movie directed by Wes Anderson in a perfectly curated location right on Washington Avenue, steps away from the beach.
The Goodtime Hotel – 601 Washington Ave, Miami Beach
Things to do – the goodtime hotel
– Enjoy an entire afternoon hanging at the pool located in the dreamiest rooftop, featuring a pink striped pastel design, a scalloped bar, and everything sage and pink including some exclusive pool cabanas – Did I mention a dreamy setup? YES it is.
– Sip some yummy cocktails from Strawberry Moon, the pool swim club or grab a few snacks (they have a wonderful pool menu during the day)
– Grab a bike and stroll around Miami Beach, the hotel offers free bikes every day for hotel guests, available upon availability.
– Check the hotel event calendar, the hotel has a very active social calendar and they host pool parties during the weekends, comedy shows, and much more.
– Do not miss dinner at Strawberry moon, featuring a Mediterranean cuisine at night, SO worth it.
EAT – what’s new
My favourite part after great interiors? You bet it is great food! Miami surprised me with so many incredible new options this time around, and I’m sure you’ll LOVE each of them, starting with:
– Thatch Miami: an ADORABLE vegan restaurant, coffee shop & curated boutique in the middle of midtown Miami that I loved discovering, If you’re into fresh pressed juices, truffle fries and a stunning pastel indoor decor, this is THE place to go – trust me.
3255 NE Ave, Miami
– Tacombi: It is absolutely clear my love for this spot since our first visits to the Nolita location a few years ago, aaaand when I heard they recently opened a location in Miami Design District, you bet it was my first foodie pit stop as soon as I landed. Same deliciousness and epic Micheladas – WIN!
3930 NE 2nd Ave Suite 100, Miami Design District
– Swan: A candy colour, pastel palette, 1920s Miami vibes spot? YES, please! Stop at Swan for a quick bite, a coffee or some drinks at night. This is THE hot spot of the moment. Ps. do not miss the corridors that leads to the bathrooms – you’re welcome!
90 NE 39th St, Miami
– PANI: I didn’t know I could go to heaven (living in earth) until I arrived to Pani. This absolutely incredible Argentinian restaurant has to be in the top of your Miami list if you are near Aventura, to enjoy the perfectly decorated aesthetic, the drinks, and the Argentinian menu. Try the empanadas sampler as soon as you arrive.
19501 Biscayne Blvd Suite 940, Aventura
– Bebitos: So far, best cuban coffee spot I’ve tried in a while! The decor, the menu, the endless coffee options and location are just **chef’s kiss**
1504 Bay Rd #106, Miami Beach