Can we officially kick off strawberry season together with these mini strawberry pound cakes? YAY!
I grew up with the smell of a freshly baked pound cake my mom used to make for us and it was our little tradition, that I now want to pass to my little ones. Food is a big celebration in our family, and I love that it is the thing that brings us together, every time.
With summertime here, I’m going to pass you our little secret recipe that my mom has passed down to us. If you’re craving something sweet, today in partnership with our friends at California Strawberries, are our family’s favourite healthy option for snacking. We love to snack on 8 strawberries a day, which are an excellent source of Vitamin C.
oh hey, here are some pound cake top secrets
Ingredients: this recipe uses very simple ingredients you should already have at home, and if you want, you can use half and half mixture of all purpose and whole wheat flour for a healthier option!
Butter and Sugar: First, you need to mix the butter and sugar, making sure you don’t feel the sugar to score a dreamy, smooth cake texture. Let them mix for at least 15 minutes, in a medium-low speed.
Strawberries: Our favourite fruit, did you know that California strawberries are fully ripe at the time they are picked and do not continue to ripen after harvesting? If you want to make your berries last longer, choose the ones that have a bright red color, refrigerate and keep them dry making sure they are perfect when you serve them. You can also make them into jam to preserve the delicious strawberry flavour!
Can you believe these mini cakes are perfectly baked up in about 20 minutes? The dream!
Endless thanks to California Strawberries for sponsoring this post today. All the opinions expressed here are entirely mine. Find more recipes here
Tiny Strawberry Pound Cakes
- 1 cup California Strawberries, washed and cut in half
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tsp Vainilla
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the flour and baking powder in a large mixing bowl and let it aside.
- Mix the butter and sugar until you have a smooth texture and add the 3 eggs, one by one.
- Add the vanilla and lemon zest.
- Add to the mixture one cup of milk, followed by one cup of flour. Finish with the last cup of flour.
- Using a stand mixer, pour your California strawberries with one tbsp of sugar, mixing them until you have a puree (your topping).
- Add your strawberry topping with fresh strawberries and edible flowers.