Having friends over at home only means one thing: we need to eat an entire hummus platter together! Because let’s be honest, why settle for boring appetizers when healthy snacks can be ready in mere minutes? They are just TOO good!
Hummus is delicious, nutritious, a great option for vegans, and for families, something we just can’t say no to every week, and here’s the deal: you can make your own hummus platter like a PRO today, with the help of our Sabra Canada friends!
How to start? what should I add to my platter? Like a pro? I tried Sabra’s Roasted Pine Nut hummus with both fluffy pita and crackers and I basically fight over with my friends swirling the best dip, because it was just beeeeeee-yond!
Let’s get to business and show you how to make the perfect hummus platter today, deal?
step one: find the perfect hummus to dip
The most important and main star ingredient of our platter, the hummus you’ll serve! I’ve been a big fan of hummus since I moved to Canada, especially if they are made from fresh chickpeas!
Sabra has a wide variety of hummus dips you will absolutely adore, trust me!.
Some epic flavours like Roasted Pine Nut (that I screamed when I had it for the first time, for real), Caramelized Onion with Smoked Paprika, Roasted Red Pepper, Supremely Spicy, Classic Hummus and Roasted Garlic, as well as Classic and Spicy Guacamole.
You can win an amazing surprise from Sabra today, run to my Instagram post, and participate here!
Where you can find them in Quebec, you may wonder? Super C and Metro grocery shops.
step two: now, let’s get all the pretty dipping options
This is where the fun starts and where you can get really creative! My favourites and musts in any hummus platter at home gotta have:
– Breads: A killer, fresh pita, naan bread, and crispy crackers of any style.
– Fresh veggies: cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, plumped olives, pickled radishes, celery sticks, roasted red peppers, carrots.
– Can’t miss: cubed herbed feta cheese with olives and you can even add a couscous salad that pairs perfectly with this type of hummus platter.
Have you ever heard something calling your name sooooo loudly?
The Perfect Hummus Platter
- 1 container Sabra Roasted Pine Nut Hummus
- Herbed feta cheese
- Marinated olives in different kinds
- Cherry tomatoes
- Pickled radishes
- A variety of bell peppers
- Celery sticks
- Pita bread
- Crispy crackers
- Fresh bagette pieces
- Naan bread
- Start with a very large platter and place your hummus plate in the center
- Slice the pita, naan and baguette into tiny pieces and place them on opposite sides of the platter, the key is to start with the bigger dipping options.
- Arrange your long veggies like cucumbers, carrots, peppers, opposite from each other, to create a balanced colour distribution in your setting
- Fill any left spaces with smaller bowls with olives and feta
- Top with cherry tomatoes and radishes.