20 cmts of snow.
That is my current view, when I look outside my window at home.
This morning, we woke up inside a snow ball and all I wanted was to stay cozy, drink hot chocolate and allll the comfort food.
You know, those cold, windy days are just calling a warm and comforting recipe like a lasagna. I grew up eating lasagnas with meat, veggies, and any style you can imagine. My mom taught me all her favourite recipes how to make them and now, my turn is to show Oli what I learned from my mama.
This year, Saputo is cooking a very special recipe to help their communities in need and to spread the word on this incredible initiative, I’m sharing their Vegetable lasagna with tomato and lentil sauce and pesto-spiked ricotta, a perfect meat-free option filled with lentil protein and portobello mushrooms.
The creamy ricotta mixed with mozzarella and parmesan will give the ultimate hearty mix you just need.
Is your table all set? ready?
I loved the idea of including some pesto and ricotta to the mix, replacing the classic bechamel sauce that I’m always used to add in all my lasagna recipes.
Cheers! Hoping this idea will keep you warm this week.
Vegetable lasagna with tomato and lentil sauce and pesto-spiked ricotta
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 34 fl oz tomato sauce
- 1 can of lentils
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup parmesan petals
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1 cup Ricotta
- 1/3 cup herb pesto
- 2 portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1. Mix the spaghetti sauce and lentils in a bowl and set aside.2. Mix the ricotta with the pesto in a bowl and set aside.3. Mix the peppers and the herbs in a bowl and set aside.4. Pour one-third of the spaghetti sauce mixture into an oven-proof dish.5. Lay 4 lasagna noodles on top.6. Add the sliced pepper and herb mixture7. Add the second-third of the spaghetti sauce mixture8. Add a second layer of 4 lasagna noodles.9. Layer the pesto ricotta and sliced mushrooms.10. Add a final layer of 4 lasagna noodles.11. Add the remaining spaghetti sauce mixture12. Sprinkle the shredded cheese (Mozzarella and Parmesan) on top.13. Bake at 350℉ for approximately 1 hour.