Are you celebrating the National Dessert day today?
I woke up thinking about my favourite dessert that my mom used to do while I was growing up, trufas! better known as brigadeiros! These tiny precious bites tastes like a cupcake, and of course, what dreams are made of (for real, real).
You’ve seen our traditional chocolate brigadeiros here on the blog before, and this time, I wanted to try something different: Red Velvet Bailey’s edition!
The the secret ingredient to achieve the yummiest pink brigadeiros? Adding a tiny bit of Bailey’s red velvet to the mix.
Here I am, staring at these beauties, telling them how much I love them!
I used pink sprinkles to coat them this time, pairing it with the red velvet mix, and believe it or not, this dessert is SO easy you’ll only need 5 ingredients. This recipe is one of Nico’s favourite and 100% safe if you have a kid with nuts allergy at home, like us.
Scroll down to prepare them step-by-step together, okay?
Red Velvet Bailey's Brigadeiros
- 1 can Condensed milk
- 1 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 2 tsp Red velvet Bailey's
- 1/3 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 cup Pink sprinkles
- In a non-stick pot over low heat pour the three ingredients: melt the butter, add the can of condensed milk, and cocoa powder.
- Stirring continuously (non-stop), add the Bailey's until you can see a thick chocolate mix for 2-3 seconds when dragging a spatula through.
- Pour the mix onto a buttered plate, then chill for 2 hours.
- Roll the chilled mixture into balls and in colourful sprinkles.